"Thanks for a great job, the carpet in our office was extremely soiled and we did not have any hopes that the carpet could ever look good again. Your staff did and excellent job in making the carpet look new again!" -Dr. Don Kelley
"Once again, thank you again for your generosity and support as we serve this most deserving population." - Meals on Wheels
"It is with great pleasure that I recommend Michael's Janitorial & Floor Service. They would be an asset to have as a service provider for any company." - Megan Moore, Director
"Working in the service/medical field, having a clean, presentable environment is paramount to outstanding customer service. Michael's Janitorial Service is an excellent partner to achieve that goal. I would highly recommend Debra Criswell and Michael's Janitorial Service." - C. Renee' Moss MD
"Both the carpet and hard flooring look great! Thank you for following up with the inspection. It helps us to know that the owners of the company are checking to make sure the employees are doing things correctly."
PLANET: Green cleaning reduces environmental impacts of the cleaning process by using more environmentally friendly products.
Resources used to make Green products are harvested in a cleaner eco-friendlier way, scientifically designed and tested to reduce the adverse effects on the environment.
PEOPLE: Green cleaning contributes to safer and healthier work environments by using less toxic cleaning agents that may harm workers.
PROFIT: Green cleaning contributes to increased home and workplace wellness, productivity and reduces the number of sick days.
"Our mission is to provide the highest quality, dependable janitorial and floor servies to our customers while serving as the employer of choice to our staff."
What is Green Cleaning?
Green Cleaning is the use of products and services that reduce the health and environmental impact compared to similar products and services used for the same purpose. Another definition of Green Cleaning is to safeguard human health while minimizing the impact to the environment. Its goal is to protect the health of building occupants, visitors and cleaning personnel, as well as reducing polluting effects on our air and water.
Green Cleaning encompasses a total program including chemicals, procedures, equipment, paper, liners, mops, matting, everything used in an effective cleaning program.
Why should we be concerned with Green Cleaning?
- 80% of our time is spent indoors.
- EPA rates the indoor enivironment is potentially 3-5 times more harmful to humans than the outdoor environment.
- EPA rates indoor air quality as one of the top 5 health risks.
- Two-thirds of commercial buildings are rated as having "sick building syndrome" = $20 billion in worker compensation claims.
- There are 100 million lost work days each year due to poor indoor air quality = $100 billion.
- Source: www.saffelle.com
These numbers emphasize the immediate need to be concerned about the cleaning process and its effect on the health of the user, occupant, visitor and the indoor and outdoor environment.
Easy ways to begin Green Cleaning:
- Using Grean Cleaning products and chemicals.
- Effectively using janitorial equipment to capture fine particles and reduce water and energy consumption.
- Using Green Paper products (tissues and towels).
- Installing hands-free paper towel dispensers to reduce cross-contamination.
- Implementing an entry way matting system.